DescriptionVersion 2.1 released September 3, 2010.
Perl script to manipulate the authors in a Word document (.DOCX format):
- lists all of the revision authors.
- changes the name of one or more revision authors.
- examines all changes made by one or more revision authors.
oneauth inpath [outpath] [--author name] [--examine] [--select] [--who] inpath The drive, path and file name of the input DOCX file. outpath The drive, path and file name of the output DOCX file. --author name The name to appear as the author of the revisions. --examine Display the details about changes made by an author. --select Allow user to select authors to be replaced. --who Lists the authors for the input DOCX file. Note: outpath is required unless --examine or --who is specified. Examples: oneauth in.docx out.docx --author "Big Company" oneauth in.docx out.docx --select --author "Big Company" oneauth in.docx --who oneauth in.docx --examine oneauth in.docx --examine --author "John Doe"
RequirementsThis script is intended to be run from the command line. If you're running on a Windows computer that does not have a Perl interpreter, I recommend downloading a Perl interpreter from http://strawberryperl.com.
If you didn't already have a Perl interpreter, you probably haven't installed the zip and unzip commands that the script needs either. You can download those from ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/. To get them installed on your computer, you will need to:
- Choose the folder that corresponds to your OS (probably 'win32')
- Download the latest unz###xn.exe and the latest zip###xn.zip to your favorite download folder. (When I last checked the versions were unz600xn.exe and zip300xn.zip)
- Decide where you will install the commands. I chose to put them into C:\strawberry\c\bin to live alongside the Strawberry Perl files. If you have some utility directory, that will work just as well.
- Run unz###xn.exe in the folder you selected.
- Run unzip over zip###xn.zip (in the same folder).
cd \strawberry\c\bin \download\unz600xn.exe unzip \download\zip300xn.zip
Send me reports of any errors or suggestions you have about my Perl scripts.
The code described on this page is Copyright 2010 Tony Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.